With the New Year fast approaching, I’m focused on next year’s goals, plans, and projects. I get pretty excited during this time of year because I do a lot of reflection and planning. It’s one thing to plan and make goals, but it’s quite different when you’re taking action toward your goals and moving the needle.
- Consciousness: You need to become very clear about what you truly desire and what result you are working to achieve. You need to know precisely how you want to build your life, business, fitness regime, or whatever “thing” you are working toward. Being present and aware of yourself will give you the opportunity to be honest about your current circumstances versus the ideal circumstances for your own success. When you are able to sit back and take stock in yourself, you will be able to see your strengths, weaknesses, and areas where you need to grow.
- Competence: You need to research, study your “craft,” and become an expert at what you do. Simply stated, this is continuous learning and development. Be intentional about what you are reading. For example, if one of your areas of growth is communication, you should spend time reading and learning about how to become a better communicator. Find was to continue to learn about your goals and grow your personal and professional skill set.
- Commitment: If you have a huge goal in mind, or you are raining your own personal bar to a whole new level, you must also raise your commitment level. This “project” is going to demand a much higher level of commitment, focus, and intention. In order to raise your commitment level, you may need to learn to say, “No.” This doesn’t mean I’m suggesting you turn you back to Service, Giving, and Volunteering, it means, be more thoughtful to what you say “Yes.” Always saying “Yes” can often leave you depleted, stressed, and worn out, with little energy left to work on your own big goals. By focusing, becoming aware of your own growth needs, and more discerning with your time and energy, you can perform better for all of your key commitments.
- Coaching: I can say so much about coaching because it is my life’s work. but I will keep this brief. Coaching allows you to get immediate Feedback as you are taking action toward your goals. Feedback is so important and a key part in development. The feedback you receive from your Coach is designed to keep you on the right track while minimizing pitfalls and hiccups. You can get hip, feedback, and advice from just about anywhere, just ask! If there is someone that you know who is excelling in an area that you wish to, simply ask that person if you could meet for a conversation, get mentoring, or help you set a plan in motion. Get feedback, then make strategic decisions!
- Congruence: This is about how your thoughts, actions, and intentions need to align and work together to achieve you final goal. This is about operating as your authentic self. Congruence is when you’re fully engaged and energetic in your day to day life. This could also be seen as a Flow State, where everything just seems to be clicking. When you choose to be You and then pursue the things in life that add value to the world, things began to flow. Be Yourself and build a life around that!
These “Five Steps” all lead to Personal Growth. When someone decides to take action on their personal development it will have a positive impact on everything around them!
Posted in: Accountability, bam, bam logic, Body Transformation, bodybuilding, Coach Rob, Coach Rob J's Real Warriors, Coach Rob J's TT, Coaching, Fitness, Fitness Benefits, fitness coaching, Fitness Tip, Get Started, goals, Gratitude, Health, heart health, Life, Lifestyle, Live, Mental Health, Motivation, New Year New You, New Year's Resolution, Nutrition, Performance, pyschology, Resolution, stretching, Success, Training, Training, bodybuilding,, Uncategorized